[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Designer alpha version - eclipse updates required?

koen.aers@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 5 11:24:24 EDT 2007

Hi Ed,

I am not very active at the moment in Eclipse JWT mainly because of time constraints as I have to work on the GPD ;-) But I definitely am following the evolution quite closely as JWT is somewhat the graphical couterpart of what jBPM is trying to do on the runtime side.
On the other hand, I have the feeling that the GPD is moving in the right direction, also with respect to multi language support. So it remains to be seen on what front we can have a fruitful collaboration. One thing that I seriously doubt will happen is a contribution of the GPD to JWT, mainly because of licensing issues. We want to avoid another Hibernate/MyEclipse story in the future. The only sound solution for this appears to be the use of the GPL license for the tools, which is of course totally incompatible with the Eclipse EPL.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Koen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035064#4035064