[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - home.update not being called.

MikeDougherty do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 5 13:50:27 EDT 2007

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out why my Home.update method is not being called. When I use an <h:inputText ... /> the form posts, and everything works fine. However, I need to have the input as a <h:selectOneListbox .../>. But when I put the <h:selectOneListbox ... /> tag in the page the forum doesn't post as expected. The Home.update is not called, the values are not set in the entity, and to top it all off when the page returns Home.isManaged seem to return false.

I've turned up the logging output on org.jboss.seam.jsf and org.apache.myfaces to see if that would help me find the problem. I get a lot more output, but combing through it, I can not seem to find the reason for the change in behavior.

So, what else can I do to begin debugging this? Which categor{y,ies} might I turn up to give me more info in the log? Which source files might I dig through to help me understand what is happening?

The most troublesome part is that I have <h:selectOneListbox .../> tags working in other pages with similar entities. So I suspect it has something to do with the entity itself, and not the <h:selectOneListbox /> tag, but I'm having trouble figuring out what the problem is.

Thanks for any and all help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035112#4035112

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035112