[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Fork Node Issues

koen.aers@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 6 04:34:50 EDT 2007

There are different solutions to this problem, but I would not create a custom join node for it.

1. You could use two tasks on a single task-node, the read-only task assigned to the student is not 'endable' and it can only end when the second task is ended. To do this, end the read-only task from an action handler that is triggered on the task-end event of the second task.

2. You could use two task-nodes and play with the signalling attribute of the read-only task. Set the signalling attribute to never and recreate a task for this task node eacht time the read-only task is ended (in an action handler triggered in the task-end event). For the other task, again in an action handler triggered in the task-end event, cancel the pending read-only task and signal its token. It is possible that you have to use an asynchronous mechanism for this option because of synchronization issues in the join.

I would personally opt for the first choice.

Regards,
Koen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035241#4035241

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035241