[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Compression in Remoting

hceylan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 6 08:41:36 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am in a very bad position. I have an application that two jboss'es makes EJB3 calls to each other. I see that the data going forth and back takes up a lot of bandwidth causing a bottleneck that my system suffers.

I saw a previous post of about CompressingMarshaller and CompressingUnMarshaller and wanted to give it a try. I was so happy with the result in the beginning. But my happiness turned into sadness after some time.

Because, I see in the logs errors like "not in GZIP format" on the server side and "254/0/62 (random number), wrong version, version 1,2 supported" like messages on the client side.

This might be just a small issue in the way related (Un)Marshallers work. We would really appreciate any help on the issue.

I had dived into the source before and did indeed submited couple of fixes to EJB3 and remoting project.

If I am given any directions, I might help solve the problem for all.

Thank you and once again, I request your immediate help on the issue.

Regards,
Hasan Ceylan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035290#4035290

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035290