[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Excadel - RHDS - JBossIDE

ivanflorentin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 6 11:19:48 EDT 2007

I am waiting for RHDS to come out, I've been using ExadelStudio 4.0.4 for a while but returned to Eclipse 3.1.2+JbossIDE 1.6. I've found ExadelStudio to be very unstable, it adds a lot of functionality that I don't need for a price I don't want to pay: huge memory footprint, random eclipse shutdowns, sluggish response.

JBossIDE2.0Beta is also another half finished product and I guess it freezed down to wait for RHDS to come out and integrate all the tools. It will be a huge load of work to come out with a RHDS by july and the impact it will have on the seam comunity and ejb/jee software development in general will be huge too.

I have different versions of eclipse installed in my enviroment with different sets of plugins. I've found that the more usable and stable still remains the JBossIDE 1.6 Bundle with some small additions (SVN for example). I'm using eclipse on linux (gentoo) with sun-jdk-1.5.10.

If somebody has a different experience using ExadelStuddio, it would be nice to post solutions/installation procedure/configurations to avoid those problems.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035358#4035358

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035358