[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Unable to access Identity Module MBeans directly in 2.6 Beta

czhao07 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 7 10:00:30 EDT 2007

I am working on upgrading our portal application from 2.4 to 2.6 Beta1, one issue I have is the following code no longer works:

  | 	@Depends("portal:service=Module,type=User")
  | 	private RoleModule roleModule;

When I deploy the application, it complaints that portal:service=Module,type=User is not yet installed, although I could find the MBean in the JMX Console.

Then I read the reference documentation, and it recommends accessing Identity Modules using JNDI or IdentitIdentityServiceController. As I want to avoid JNDI lookup code in my application, I chose to use IdentityServiceController:

  |   @Depends("portal:service=Module,type=IdentityServiceController")
  |   private IdentityServiceController identityServiceController;
  |
  |   UserModule userModule =  (UserModule)identityServiceController.getIdentityContext().getObject(IdentityContext.TYPE_USER_MODULE);

Although it works fine now, but I do think it is kinda ugly. Is there any better to do this in JBoss Portal 2.6 Beta1.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035521#4035521

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035521