[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Multiple Domain Quesiton

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 7 13:37:08 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | This way normal users can't prove that /admin exists and wont start fiddling with it.

What if they find out anyway?

For security you should not rely on people "not fiddling" with your pages. The pages  should be secure - FULL STOP. If you have pages that should not be visible to the public than deploy them to a different server or make them available over a different connector.

When it comes to security I am against any snake oil. It gives you the impression that things are secure while they are not - and that makes things worse than they would have been in the first place because it makes you careless.

Having said that I have to add that I am not against the feature suggested. I am just against using it as an security enhancement.

Regards

Felix

P.S.: When I said the "the hostname I use to reach your machine is entirely under my control" I was not talking about http referers. I was refering to the idea of the original poster to make security depend on the hostname you use to access the site.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035536#4035536

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035536