[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to return to a previous page without conversations

waynebagguley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 8 04:44:10 EDT 2007

Along with the new entry-point concept, will you be adding something to prevent a user from jumping to a page out of sequence?

Currently I can easily skip to a page as long as I put the conversation id in the URL, I then get a useless page but I fear that this might lead to security holes.

It seems at the moment that pages, page flow and conversations are loosely coupled and there are myriad ways of specifying the same behaviour. This is flexible in one sense but doesn't allow for limitations to be easily imposed on the user.

I'd like to see something like this:

  | <conversation id=placeOrder">
  |     <page id="pageOne"/>
  |     <page id="pageTwo" back="pageOne"/>
  |     <page id="pageThree" back="pageOne,pageTwo"/>
  | </conversation>

Given that conversations are central to Seam it seems strange that you can't organise a conversation like this where back and forward movement is restricted.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035576#4035576

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035576