[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Testsuites with SeamTest: Initializing the Microcontainer on

mugwump do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 03:12:01 EDT 2007

I have a lot of tests that all roughly follow the same pattern:

- SeamTest initializes the embedded container
- set up a faces-request
- get an instance of a properly prepared seam component
- run some tests&assertions

e.g:

  | @Test
  | public void testCombinedQuery() throws Exception{
  | 	new FacesRequest() {
  |             QueryManager queryManager;
  |             @Override
  |             protected void updateModelValues()
  |             {
  |                queryManager = (QueryManager)getInstance("queryManager");
  |
  |             }
  |
  | 	    @Override
  |             protected void renderResponse()
  |             {
  |             	Query query = new Query();
  |             	query.setDays("'DAY1', 'DAY2'");
  |             	query.setTopics("'1','3'");
  |             	int resultSize = queryManager.getNrOfQuestionsInQuery(query);
  |             	assertEquals("Combined-Query did not return the correct Number of Questions", resultSize, COMBINEDQUERY_QUESTIONS);
  |             }
  |         }.run();
  | }

Now the next test runs through the whole cycle again, including initialization, which takes ages, as it also contains the hibernate-setup with a whole bunch of tables - is there a way to run tests inside a suite on the same container and somehow share the same instance between tests?!

I would really like to run a whole lot of tests also during development, but this startup-issue is really annoying...

cheers
stf

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035641#4035641

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035641