[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Can you change the Transaction Timeout dynamically?

kvbisme do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 09:46:50 EDT 2007

I have an application implemented as a Stateless Session Bean that is fired off at regular intervals from a Quartz trigger.  90% of the time the default transaction timeout is more than adequate, however one of the destinations I pull data from is absurdly slow, and it is not uncommon to require twenty minutes to get the data back.  As a stop-gap measure I have upped the default transaction timeout for the entire server to 30 minutes, but I would prefer to only up the timeout on this one EJB, either completely or only when I connect to this particular destination.

What are my options?  Is this even possible?

Thanks

Kerry

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035708#4035708

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035708