[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JSPs in JBoss

AggressiveFish do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 15:37:30 EDT 2007

Hi Peter,
    I figured I would give this a try. I copied a simple JSP I had into another directory at the same level as the jmx-console.war one. I tried running the app (i.e. localhost:8080/TmpDir/testjsp.jsp) and the app ran fine. What are the benefits/ requirements of having the other directories in the .war directory (i.e. WEB-INF)?
    I notcied that my .class files were going to a totally separate directory (...default/work/.......apache/jsp/). If I wanted to send just my .class files over to another computer without the .jsps in the main .war directory would I simply update the web.xml document with the path of the class file(s) or is there more to it? I tried removing the jsp altogether and leaving the classes (which I didn't think would work) and it didn't work (i.e. ole 404). Thanks again.

AF

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035798#4035798

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035798