[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Login from portlet

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 17:14:24 EDT 2007

Hello

I'm working with portal 2.4.1 on AS 4.0.5GA.  I recently got authentication working with LDAP and the jboss console login.  Now I would like to allow our users to login from a portlet, but I'm not having any luck.  We would like to have users login and see slightly different content as a result - we aren't trying to lock down an area on the server (e.g. everything in the /auth/ domain)

Following instructions here http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=PortletLogin haven't lead to any positive results yet.  Strictly following the example, I have an error to the effect that j_security_check isn't part of the servlet I'm using to redirect with.  Hardcoding the entire URL causes the servlet to time out.

  Nollie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035811#4035811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035811