[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - page action not called when login-required=

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 23:19:17 EDT 2007

hello,

I try to achieve the following behavior. When a user want to see his account, he will be directed an account page that depends on certain user information.
The account page is in the restricted area that requires login.
So when the user click on a "View account" link, I'd like to go first to the login page and then have the accountAction.outcome method called (This methods return string representing the outcome).

I have the following pages configuration

  | <pages login-view-id="/public/login.xhtml">
  |
  | 	<page view-id="/restricted/*" login-required="true"/>
  |
  |     <page view-id="/account.xhtml" action="#{accountAction.outcome}" login-required="true" />

  | </pages>

The user access the account page by clicking on the following link:

  | <h:outputLink value="account.xhtml">View Account</h:outputLink>

When clicking on that link, I get the login page, I can login properly but the action method is never called (so I don't go to the account page, but remain in the login page).
If I remove the login-required attribute, then the action is called properly (of course, there is no login in that case).

Is it possible to use both attributes "action" and "login-required" together?
If not, what would be a way to achieve this behavior?

Regards,

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035852#4035852

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035852