[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Bugs in 1.2.1 blog example

RobJellinghaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 03:19:47 EDT 2007

I'm playing with the blog example (working on integrating some Google Web Toolkit functionality into it, which I hope to submit back to Seam a la Todd Smart's ajax4jsf booking integration).

I'm noticing a couple of squirrelly things under JDK 1.5.0_06 and Tomcat 5.5.12.  This is with a brand new install of Seam 1.2.1 and a clean webapps directory, after "ant" at Seam root and "ant deploy.tomcat" in examples/blog.

First and most important, there's a spurious HTML tag emitted by SeamText right after the little sample one-cell table in the first post:

The final pre is a bug.

The thing is, though, that you don't actually see this bug in the app itself.  Because despite the fact that index.xhtml and template.xhtml declare themselves as having a DOCTYPE of XHTML, they aren't actually being served as application/xhtml+xml to Firefox.  I can see in Firefox that they are being rendered as text/html.  So the broken tag isn't obvious because Firefox ignores bad tags like that with text/html.

I ran into this because in my own example (for reasons I have yet to fully understand), the doctype *is* being heeded and the pages *are* getting served to Firefox as application/xhtml+xml... which fails to render because it's expecting a /pre but encounters a /div.

However, it turns out that the Atom feed page (index.xml) IS getting served as XML... and is broken!  Not only is the spurious pre tag present, but there isn't a closing /feed tag at the end.  View source on the index.xml Atom feed, and paste into an XML text editor, to see these bad tags.

I am able to fix the unclosed feed tag by swapping the f:view and feed elements (e.g. putting the f:view outermost, with the feed just inside it), which AFAIK is better Facelets style anyway.

Shall I file JIRA entries for these?
Cheers!
Rob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035870#4035870