[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Limit MDB max instances cluster-wide ?

jeanbobby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 07:35:13 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'd like to know what would be your recommendations regarding the need of limiting the number of simultaneous mdbs instances across a cluster ?
Let's say I have some external resource, used thru JCA and more specifically MDBs.
Let's suppose that the IT architecture at a given moment allows for 50 connections on that resource (that may be extended later on) and that each MDB execution is going to connect to that resource (agreed, it could be done directly thru JCA with specific adaptor).

I want that 50 connections limit to be respected and reached with any number of jboss instances on the cluster, transparently balancing the outbound connectivity across the nodes... and of course I want to be able update this limit 'dynamically' when the external resource hardware gets upgraded...

Any best practice with a standard-based approach on the subject ?

Thank you,
Best regards

Olivier

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035933#4035933