[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - 2.0 and JMX

FredrikJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 09:21:27 EDT 2007

I'm using 2.0 in a standalone application. When using 1.4 I got the JBoss Cache registered to JMX by default (I think). Now when we are testing out 2.0, it doesn't seem to get registered to JMX anymore.

However, registering the cache manually works perfectly fine:

  | CacheImpl cache = createCache();
  | MBeanServer mbs = getMBeanServer();
  | mbs.registerMBean(cache.getCacheMBeanInterface(), monitorName);

Is this the new preferred way of registering a cache to JMX or are you planning a more automated way? Using the method above also means we have to reference CacheImpl (and not just Cache).

Also, while I'm at it, I realize that the MBean interface is work-in-progress since it is still missing out on a lot of information if you compare it to 1.4. However, I would vote for adding the getMembers() so we can easily inspect the members of a distributed cache via JConsole (or any other JMX tool).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035964#4035964

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035964