[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Combining jBPM and BPEL

kdeboer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 09:24:40 EDT 2007

No i am definitely not whining :-)
My customer is in the process of selecting a BPEL tool and i want to push a JBoss Open Source solution. I love the possibilities JBPM has. It is more powerful than BPEL and more flexible.
So i think it would be a big plus to combine them. And i do want to call a BPEL process from within a jBPM process and not the other way. Of course a BPEL process is just another WebService and could be called from within a jBPM action. But it would be better if the BPEL process would start automatically (or as a result of moving the process token) as a subprocess within the jBPM outer process. And when it completes the outer process would transparantly take over / continue. I see less use cases for the scenario you are describing.
A big disadvantage of BPEL is that everything you call has to be a webservice.   New standards like BPELJ are a sign of this. So orchestrating webservices with BPEL, the remainder under controlof JBPM sharing the same process db.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035967#4035967

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035967