[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Help required with eclipse setup

raj_747 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 10:39:24 EDT 2007

I?m trying to setup a seam development environment in Eclipse and cannot get it working.
I?ve followed the very basic instructions that are provided in the seam reference guide these instructions have not been very helpful.

I?ve created a new project in seam using seam-gen as per the seam reference guide and have deployed it using seam new-project to C:\Projects.

I have then created a new eclipse workspace in the above directory. And then added the project using New -> Project... -> General -> Project -> Next, typing the Project name (myproject in this case), and then clicking Finish.

Once I have created the new project I get a error dialog in eclipse stating:
?build xml:186: Directory C:\Program Files\jboss-4-0-5.GA\server\default\deploy\myproject.ear\myproject.jar creation was not successful for an unknown reason?

I have also tried creating a new EJB 3 project using the seam-gen code and this does not work either. The error that I receive is:
?C:\Projects\myproject\build.xml:63 C:\Projects\myproject\classes\model not found?

I have JDK 5, JBoss AS 4.05 and ANT 1.6 as per the requirements.
I?ve tried using both Eclipse 3.2.2 and also the JBossIDE .0.0.Beta2-Bundle.

Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to setup a development environment that I can use for debugging and stepping through the code, along with the versions of the software required?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036006#4036006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036006