[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - JBoss IDE 2.0.0Beta2 Useless

gredzisz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 17:13:20 EDT 2007

In my opinion the single and most important feature of JBoss IDE
should be the intergation with JBoss Server. Unfortunately in this area
JBoss IDE miserably fails. I do not need all stupid wizards for editing
xml files, but when a class or jsp is modified in IDE it should be
automatically redeployed on the server!!! This is the most BASIC
functionality expected from such IDE and supported by IBM WSAD
back in 2002!
Instead, in JBoss IDE you have to manually select "ear" file and
choose "Redeploy" action ("Redeploy" action on the server does not work)
The IDE will package ALL files and create new "ear", then copy it
to JBoss server "deploy" folder where they will be unpacked again. If you
are lucky you will not get "out of heap space" error, if not, you have to
restart the server (even after single jsp or css change!!). The whole
process is cumbersome at best and, in my opinion, renders JBoss IDE useless.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036141#4036141

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036141