[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Missing something basic with regards to bijection

mlh496 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 11 13:15:18 EDT 2007

Hey there,

Suppose you have a Stateful bean called "PersonManager" that handles both the CRUD and search features for the "Person" entity.  I'm using Session scope.  I have the following in the "PersonManager"

  | @DataModel
  | List<Person> people;
  |
  | @DataModelSelection
  | Person selectedPerson;
  |
  | // Person property
  | private Person person;
  | public void setPerson(Person person) { this.person = person; }
  | public Person getPerson() { return person; }
  |
  | public void clickPerson() {
  |     person = selectedPerson;
  |     return "edit";
  | }

When I display a clickable data table with a command link to clickPerson, the selectedPerson does get injected into the PersonManager.  I then assign this to the "person" property.  Now if I go to a page to edit the Person, expressions like #{personManager.person.firstName} fails.  HOWEVER, if I use an expression like #{personManager.selectedPerson.firstName} it works.

Why doesn't it stick when I copy the selectedPerson to the property?

-Michael

PS: I'm using the edit page to also create new people.  This is why I wanted to bind the edit page to a property and not a selected item.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036455#4036455

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036455