[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - EJB 3.0 - Throwing Exceptions from Session Beans

RaoulDuke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 12 15:29:26 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have a stateless Session Bean with a single test method that just throws an exception. I'm accessing the EJB via remote interface, but I'm always getting an exception on the client side that I don't understand:

Exception: [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;
  | java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;
  |         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
  |         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  |         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

The client is doing the following:

  |         try{
  |             InitialContext ic = new InitialContext();
  |             ExSessionRemote remote = (ExSessionRemote) ic.lookup("ExSessionBean/remote");
  |             remote.doit();
  |         }
  |         catch(Exception e){
  |             System.out.println("Exception: "+e.getMessage());
  |             e.printStackTrace();
  |         }

The doit() method in the EJB:

  |     public void doit() throws Exception {
  |         throw new Exception();
  |     }

The exception is defined in the remote interface as well:

  | @Remote
  | public interface ExSessionRemote {
  |     public void doit() throws Exception;
  | }

I tried throwing my own exception "TestException" (of course I defined this correctly in the method signatures and the interfaces). I tried TestException extending Exception and RemoteException, but whatever I do it always gives me the following exception on the client side:

  | java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
  |         at $Proxy0.doit(Unknown Source)
  |         at applicationclient1.Main.main(Main.java:32)
  | Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;
  |         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
  |         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  |         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

I just can't find anything about this with google.

Regards,

Sven

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036848#4036848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036848