[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Question @Inheritance

pKraemer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 02:50:44 EDT 2007

Well, I'm new to EJB so now I'm a little bit confused.

Is there any problem to use Inheritance.JOINED?

I think, SINGLETABLE means all attributes in both entity beans are in one database table.

But there is one table for users (parent entity) and one table for registered users (child entity).
When I now try to persist a new RegisteredUser the Id should be generated by parent an mapped as key to registered users table.
In the end I have an entry in users table and in registered users table.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036949#4036949

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036949