[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Access userPrincipal from Servlet

taprogge do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 05:45:06 EDT 2007

Hi!

I am trying to implement a file download function inside a portlet, i.e. a link inside the portlet that will provide the user with a file.

I am using a Servlet to handle the download because I have to pull the file from the database first.

Is there any way to access the portal's userPrincipal from inside the Servlet so that I can make sure the user is authenticated before sending the response?

It seems that both request.getUserPrincipal() and request.getRemoteUser() return null in this setup.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Phil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037009#4037009