[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Validation messages

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 11:33:26 EDT 2007

Yep.  It makes sense, it would be nice if you could override the validation message at the <s:validate> level.  This has long been a complaint of JSF, and one that I believe will be fixed in JSF 2.0.  JBoss will start using the 1.2 RI in 4.2, and that may allow some jsf-ext work to be used, including maybe support for what you're looking for.

Until then, ask Gavin real nice for a <s:validate message="my message"> feature.

Note though that NotNull is a special case in JSF.  I believe that JSF will always handle required fields via its required=true mechanism so NotNull isn't a great example of using Hibernate Validator.

Also, Seam provides EL and context aware markup in JSF resource bundles.  I don't know if it extends this capability to Hibernate Validator resource bundles, I'd assume not.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037127#4037127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037127