[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: ScrollableResults possible in JBoss ?

marcelvanvelzen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 14:53:00 EDT 2007

I did some more research, but I think this feature is lacking in the current implementation JBoss 4.05GA with EJB3.0.

I hope in the future this feature will be implemented.

It surprised me that it is lacking, since cursor behaviour is a very old and proven concept in a DBMS environment.

Only pagination is possible, but is a very inefficient way of retrieving bulk information and therefore results in the need for a higher pool size in the connection pool. In addition when performing stress and bulk testing the amount of memory necessary for running such processes is not really small (many MB's).

This worries me for the production environment.. Well, luckily JBoss will work in a cluster environment.

I also hope in the future releases of the Java JDK will be much more memory efficient. It's open source now, so we see how this develops.

Some Hibernate queries are slow. During performance testing I decided to put some logic on the DBMS. Instead of 50 seconds running time, this was downsized to 2 seconds.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037210#4037210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037210