[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB Timer service

mrchit_2000 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 15 06:20:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

I want to set a timer and a method to be invoked when timer expires periodically. When I have a session bean's method annotated with @Timeout, that method keeps being invoked repeatedly when Jboss starts up, even before the code create a Timer using TimerService. Is there a default timer created somewhere in Jboss and that timer is global, i.e any @Timeout method of any session bean would be called when the default timer expires? Also, it seems the period of invoking the method is about 10 seconds as I observed on my system.
Could someone help explain how timer should be set up and used in Session bean?

Thanks a lot,
LNgo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037355#4037355

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037355