[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam enhanced EL expression fails in an Ajax4JSF tag

fernando_jmt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 15 23:53:43 EDT 2007

"alexg79" wrote : According to my research, Ajax4JSF + Facelets = bust.

I disagree with you here. Facelets is a great technology to build the view on JSF applications, And Ajax4JSF is another one to AJAXify a JSF application.

I know sometimes when something does not work like we want, we look for something to blame. I absolutely think this is not the case.

Well, I download your example and configure it to Tomcat 5.5, which I'm using. I saw you had your project configured for JBoss 4.2, but I didn't care about it because the simplicity of your example.

Using simple JSP page it worked fine.
Using Facelets I got the exception you post here before (property instead action method). This was weird the first time, but then I found the cause for the problem was a simple 's'.

I mean, you had this:

  | 	xmlns:a4j="http//ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/ajax"
  | 	xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
  | 	xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  | 	lang="en" xml:lang="en">

But, it should be:

  |         xmlns:a4j="https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/ajax"
  | 	xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
  | 	xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  | 	lang="en" xml:lang="en">

Sorry, because I didn't see the error in the last code you post here. But sometimes to find this kind of errors one must have the code running.

So, take care with the xhtml namespaces next time ;-)

Regards.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037418#4037418

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037418