[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam CVS now on JBoss AS 4.2 CR1

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 16 10:05:34 EDT 2007

"petemuir" wrote : Just download the zip for 4.2.CR1, unzip it, and deploy the app.  No installer needed
You're right, thanks.

How can we assure the "Important Note: If you want to use EJB3 or Seam, you MUST use the JEMS Installer" will be removed when Seam 1.3 is released? Should I add an issue to JIRA? This will also apply to the Getting Started, which is already outdated anyhow. Of course, we can change the wiki ourselves.

Just for the archives, to use Seam 1.3.x from CVS:

- download JBoss AS 4.2 CR1 and unzip it
- check-out jboss-seam from :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.forge.jboss.com:/cvsroot/jboss
- edit build.properties to set jboss.home (ignore the Tomcat settings)
- run "ant antlr" to generate SeamTextParser and SeamTextLexer
- optionally edit build.xml to read something like the following (I guess this should be fixed in CVS):
    <property name="version" value="1.3" />
  |     <property name="patchlevel" value="0.SNAPSHOT" />
- when getting compile errors in GWTRemoteService then optionally download the Google Web Toolkit (Beta), unzip, copy gwt-user.jar to jboss-seam/lib and add the JAR to Eclipse using Project, Properties, Java Build Path, Add JARs (this gets one com.google.gwt.user.client.*; I'm not sure if this is the right approach to get rid of the errors)

And then, for example:
- run "ant deploy" from examples/dvdstore
- browse to http://localhost:8080/seam-dvd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037560#4037560

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037560