[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EntityNotFoundException when performing EntityManager.refres

waynebagguley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 16 10:48:10 EDT 2007

Here is my scenario. I have an entity bean 'Request' that has a list of entity beans 'Detail'. I use the @OneToMany(cascade=ALL) annotation for the relationship.

I have a page where I can edit 'Request' and add 'Detail' objects to it. If I click 'save' then everything is saved perfectly. If I hit 'discard' then I try and call:entityManager.refresh(request);so that the details are reverted back to the database. If I don't add any 'Detail' objects, it works, but if I do add them and then click 'discard' I get this exception:
javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists
I am using
@Begin(flushMode=FlushModeType.MANUAL)
on the initial method and
@End
on the discard method.

I guess that this is because the newly created Detail objects don't exist in the database, but I thought that calling the refresh method would take this possibility into account?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037583#4037583

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037583