[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges, grant requirements

kuruma45 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 05:29:43 EDT 2007

Hi
I have some problems to deploy EJB3 on JBOSS 4..0.5, abd a Oracle8i databse. "DATABASE"

I have one instance of my database, and two schema " SCH1" and "SCH2",
I'm log on SH1 and each Schema has any table.
but I have to create a ejb entity SCH2_TABLE1, TABLE1 is a table of SH2,
in the TABLE1 script :

GRANT SELECT ON TABLE1 TO SCH1;

..

When I try to deploy, I have an Oracle exception : ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

My question is, what are the privileges required to deploy an EJB3 entity on an Oracle database or Schema?

An other question, if I don't declare my entity in the persistence.xml, jboss find my entity and try to deploy it...is it normal??

What is the use of the persistence file?
I know it use to declare the oracle-DS file and the name of the database, and also    the mode of persistence (update, create-drop)... but how it can find my entity without any declaration?

Thanks for your answer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037898#4037898

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037898