[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Multiple Bindings not Supported

jesse_sweetland do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 13:12:06 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to consume a web service with multiple ports and I receive the error "Multiple bindings not supported."  I'm using an IDE-generated static stub built with NetBeans 5.0 (rpcliteral, wsi).   I've added an application-client.xml and jboss-client.xml in the JAR META-INF directory to bind the client to JNDI.  I have specified a port-component-ref in both, but I still receive the same error.  I'm using JBoss 4.0.3SP1.

Here is an example of how my application-client.xml:

  | <application-client xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
  |     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
  |     http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application-client_1_4.xsd"
  |     version="1.4">
  |
  |     <display-name>MyWSClient</display-name>
  |     <service-ref>
  |         <service-ref-name>MyWSClient</service-ref-name>
  |         <service-interface>mypkg.MyWSSEI</service-interface>
  |         <wsdl-file>META-INF/wsdl/MyWS.wsdl</wsdl-file>
  |         <jaxrpc-mapping-file>META-INF/MyWS-mapping.xml</jaxrpc-mapping-file>
  |         <port-component-ref>
  |             <service-endpoint-interface>mypkg.MyPort</service-endpoint-interface>
  |         </port-component-ref>
  |     </service-ref>
  | </application-client>

Where mypkg.MyWSSEI is a generated interface that extends javax.xml.rpc.Service and mypkg.MyPort is a generated interface extends java.rmi.Remote.  Names have been changed to protect the innocent.  I receive no errors other than the "Multiple bindinds not supported".  Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I've tried upgrading to JBoss 4.0.5, but I receive many other errors with my other JAX-RPC web service clients.  I receive the same errors even after upgrading to JBossWS 1.0.4 and 1.2.0.

Can someone provide an example of an application-client.xml or jboss-client.xml with a port-component-ref that will enable me to build a client for JBoss 4.0.3?  Is there a document that explains a what steps are necessary to migrate JAX-RPC clients from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5?

Is there a preferred or recommended platform?  (JBoss 4.0.5 + wstools, JBoss 4.0.3 + wscompile, etc?)  We have a lot of existing web services and clients and I would like to minimize migration effort.

Thanks,

Jesse

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038057#4038057

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038057