[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversation context flush required before redirect?

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 14:04:22 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have some code like this (pseduo)

  | MyConversationComponent comp = MyConversationComponent.instance()
  | comp.setValue( xxx )
  |
  | Redirect redirect = Redirect.instance()
  | redirect.setViewId( xxx )
  | redirect.setConvProp( true )
  | redirect.execute()

Now after the redirect I try and access the MyConversationComponent in a detail component and it wasn't there.  I found that unless I called Contexts.getConversationContext().flush() the component would not get copied into the backing session and so would not be available after the redirect.  The conversation was being propogated properly as I could see other components in the conversation context from before the redirect.

Is this intended behaviour?  Could redirect.execute() flush the conversation context?

I noticed that DebugPageHandler does the same thing.

Cheers.

Mike.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038090#4038090

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038090