[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Conversation Should Be Flexible but NOT

app4you@yahoo.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 08:52:06 EDT 2007

Atleprange,

Yes, I did all of your mentioned methods.  Otherwise, you think I could get it done :).

For tree component, I was using Apache Tree2.  The weird thing is the combination of AJAX4JSF won't work well with the <h:commandLink>.  I had to use <s:link> instead. Now for ending the a form's conversation when user clicks on a treenode or tab, I used <s:link propagation="end"> to close any form that is being opened that has conversation scope, which failed to end the current conversation sometimes.  And BTW, each tab will have its own Tree2 navigation menu tree display as well.

For window conversation isolation, there wasn't any need for it but I knew that since each time the @Begin got call, it will create a new id across the application.

As far as my app requirements, some search form has to be in session, specially those that requires to display the conversationList stack, while other are just conversation scope.

Well, I can tell that I had fun implementing a full blown app using Seam.  But I am a bit skeptical to recommend or use it again soon.  Unless there is a solid sample app bundled with Seam download that has some type of complex interface layout, like the trees and tabs, that handles the conversations sufficiently.

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038362#4038362

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038362