[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - whitespace getting trimmed

roates do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 11:15:23 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm using JBoss 4.0.5, JBossWS 1.2.0.

I've got a problem with a string field, defined as follows in the WSDL:
<element name="xyz" nillable="true" type="string"/>

which, when set to 8 blanks server-side, gets trimmed and delivered to the client as:
 <xyz/>

Unfortunately the 8 blanks are significant and I don't want them to be trimmed.

Is there a configuration option somewhere in JBossWS to prevent this? (Just for information, I've tried the same EAR-file with JBoss 4.0.2, and there the string gets delivered in full.)

thanks
richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038465#4038465

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038465