[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Installing the APR native libraries in JBoss 5

javidjamae do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 18:26:36 EDT 2007

When I start JBoss 5 Beta 2, I get the following error:

anonymous wrote : 17:12:33,406 INFO  [AprLifecycleListener] The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:

I'm assuming that at this point you have to download the APR native libraries manually and set them up as described here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html

My question is this: how will people install the Apache Portable Runtime for their OS when JBoss 5 comes out?

I can think of three possibilities:

1) There will be one installer that will support installing the Apache Portable Runtime native libraries for different OSes

2) there will be different installers for different OSes which will install the appropriate APR library

3) There will be one installer and people will have to download and install the libraries manually

I'm hoping for option 1.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038662#4038662

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038662