[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - sample hello world application

Narasimha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 23:37:23 EDT 2007

I am a beginner. I want to start with  a hello world application.
at this point i made the following :
a>business interface
b>bean
c>test client

a>firstInterface.java

package server;

import javax.ejb.Remote;

@Remote
public interface firstInterface
{
    public String hello();

}

b>firstBean.java

package server;

import javax.ejb.Remote;
import javax.ejb.Stateless;

@ Stateless
@ Remote(firstInterface.class)
public class firstBean implements firstInterface
{

	public String hello()
	{
		System.out.println("hello()");
        return "hello world !";
	}
}

c>firstTestClient.java

package client;

import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;
import server.firstInterface;

public class firstTestClient {

	/**
	 * @param args
	 * @throws Exception
	 */
	{
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		Context ctx = new InitialContext();

		firstInterface fInterface = (firstInterface) ctx.lookup("server/firstInterface");
		System.out.println(fInterface.hello());
	}

}

i have no idea as what to do further. I do not know the flow. for instance what all xml files do i need to generate and esentially how do i deploy the bean.

i realy appreciate if you guys could help me out.

thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038700#4038700

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038700