[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: 10,000 Recorc Per Second (In EJB 3.0)

oskar.carlstedt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 19 16:05:07 EDT 2007

Hi!!

Using EJBs here is probably not the best way to go. Doing so will cause the container to create a lot of insert statements - too many to get the performance you want. If I'm wrong here, let me know.

I did something like this a couple of years ago with Oracle 8.1.6. If you don't care about all transactions a good way might be to create a data file (normally a comma seprataed flat file), which you later do an import on. Here you get performance, but if it is an good design. I don't think so. Good design and performance are often something that is hard to combine.

Another way is to create a stored procedure that you call when you have, let say 5000 records to insert.

One thing to think of is the data transport. Using Oracle from Java you go from client(s) to a java server, to PL/SQL to Oracle DB.

Kind Regards
Oskar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039021#4039021

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039021