[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Integrate Apache with Tomcat/JBoss using mod_jk connector

d_pavel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 19 18:35:23 EDT 2007

I have a deployment architecture question:

We know this:
 anonymous wrote :
  | # As a native application, the Apache web server is a more efficient
  | HTTP server than the Java-based web server included in JBoss AS. That is
  | especially true for static contents (e.g., pictures), keep-alive
  | requests, and HTTPS requests. It would be ideal to have JBoss AS serve
  | up dynamic, database-related content, while having Apache serve static
  | content in the same application.
  | # Apache has a rich set of modules for almost every aspects of a web
  | application, including security, logging, URL rewriting, performance
  | enhancement, etc. JBoss AS is rich in supporting business and
  | transactional logic, but has fewer features when it comes to
  | manipulating HTTP request / response directly.

If we have a F5 load balancer on top of a apache cluster, then we want to use mod_jk to connect to a JBoss cluster where we will deploy webservices, how do we configure properly the embedded tomcat inside JBoss ? I know the wiki page:
[url]
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_jk1.2WithJBoss
[/url]
In your opinion this architecture will work properly for deploying webservices?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039083#4039083

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039083