[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Accessing properties from jboss

veeseekay do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 00:33:50 EDT 2007

I could finally access the props specified in jboss-service.xml through an MBean, initially I had mentioned that I did not want to do it through MBean, but now due to a change, I have to do this, and here is an FYI on how to do it :

1) specify your key-value pairs in jboss-service.xml
Ex :
  <!-- Additional properties required by the environment -->

      <![CDATA[
	     Key1=11111
                     Key2=22222

2)Now in your management bean, put an @Depends

Ex:

package com.abc.xyz;

// your import statements

/**
 * @author somebody
 *
 */
@LocalBinding(...)
@Service(...)
@Management(...)
@Depends("jboss.util:type=Service,name=SystemProperties")
public class MBeanClass implements MBeanInterface {
}

3)Now in your Mbean you can access the props with a System.getProperty() call.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039122#4039122

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039122