[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: 10,000 Recorc Per Second (In EJB 3.0)

grdzeli_kaci do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 01:24:26 EDT 2007

hi all,
great tnx for your posts,

yesterday i tried to count real amount of records and i got i need 2000 operation in one second, (operation means some selects and 5 insert into separate tables)

fhh
anonymous wrote :
  | If all you want to do is to insert 10.000 meaningless records than write a stored procedure.
  | If not - well, tell us what you want to do.

i thought on this idea, but i don't need business logic into database, it is business request.

genman
anonymous wrote :
  | Let me just say that you first need to understand what it takes to get Oracle to insert 10,000 records per second

i tried to insert 10 000 record into oracle database from pl/sql developer over network and it takes 5 minutes.

oskar.carlstedt Post
anonymous wrote :
  | Using EJBs here is probably not the best way to go. Doing so will cause the container to create a lot of insert statements - too many to get the performance you want. If I'm wrong here, let me know.

you are right, it is not correct way to persist 2000 record using entity beans and hibernate,

but i thought, maybe is there any performance configuration which can increase performance,

anonymous wrote :
  | Make sure you are using the native Oracle driver

[url]
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_10201.html [/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039128#4039128

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039128