[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 1.2 released

Newlukai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 09:54:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Here's some code:

Page:
<ice:selectOneMenu id="projectselection" value="#{projectControllingActions.selectedProject}"
  | 	valueChangeListener="#{projectControllingActions.projectSelectionChanged}"
  | 	partialSubmit="true" required="true">
  |
  | 	<s:selectItems value="#{projectControllingActions.projects}" var="project"
  | 		label="#{project.name}" noSelectionLabel="#{apc_messages.please_select}"/>
  | 	<s:convertEntity />
  |
  | </ice:selectOneMenu>
  |
  | <ice:selectOneMenu id="taskselection" value="#{projectControllingActions.selectedTask}">
  | 	<s:selectItems value="#{projectControllingActions.tasks}" var="task"
  | 		label="#{task.description}" noSelectionLabel="#{apc_messages.please_select}"/>
  | 	<s:convertEntity />
  | </ice:selectOneMenu>

When the page is rendered the first time both selectOneMenus show the noSelectionLabel. Then I change the value of "projectselection" and since there's a partial submit, the lifecycle is invoked. The "projectselection" value is converted correctly. But the conversion of the noSelectionLabel in "taskselection" throws an exception because "null" can't be converted to "Integer". Inspecting the HTML page source I saw that the noSelectionLabel of the selectOneMenus were represented by an empty string.

Perhaps it's a compatibility error with ICEfaces 1.5.3???

Thanks in advance
Newlukai

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039277#4039277

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039277