[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - HowTo: When going to a page to enter data, pull from db & ed

saeediqbal1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 13:17:12 EDT 2007

Hey guys,

I have been trying to learn this stuff in a fast pace lately and much of it makes good sense. I was able to create a project in seam-gen some entities from database crud, and some actions. Also modifying the xhtml pages and some configuration to learn Seam.

Anyway now i have this sample project (will become a real one once i get the hang of Seam). For example it records activity performance per day. So when a person goes to enter an activity for today, it should check database if an activity for him exists for today and pull that record up in the forms so he can edit, if no record exists for that user for today in database he will of course not see anything in the forms and will enter fresh data.

I created a button with action field going to an action to pull data into the entity and page navigation xml file goes to the editActivity.xhtml page. But the problem is the entitiy never gets the data even after the action method runs. The form is blank even if hibernate sql returns a single row.

There is no relevant example of this in booking, blog, issues, dvd or any other examples i looked in, i looked in many but im sure i missed some if there are.

Thanks guys for your help :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039358#4039358

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039358