[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Login Best Practices

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 21 18:20:07 EDT 2007

My apps simply have their own secure login pages so I don't have a best practice, but I'll help hash something out.  I suppose my first question is.  Are you using Facelets?  My knee jerk solution to this would be to write a simple <my:loginForm> tag with Facelets that used a regular html form and an https action URI.  The action URI can be backed by a servlet that would get everything sorted.  When it's all said and done you end up being redirected to your app's home jsf page with a new secure session and populated identity.

Sure it would be nice if some nice jsf framework provider did all the work for you.  Fortunately I don't think it's that much work and should fit the requirements.  I'm sure Seam will eventually get there, they just need to step back and think about the problem.  I think they've been burnt rushing into things in the past.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039573#4039573

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039573