[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam CVS now on JBoss AS 4.2 CR1

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 22 13:39:16 EDT 2007

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : This might be useful for people migration from MyFaces to the JSF RI:

  | The default content type for a page is "application/xhtml+xml" with the JSF RI and Facelets, not "text/html" as with MyFaces. If you have existing content that is not strict XHTML (and it seems quite complicated to get this with all the JavaScript and stuff), or you have a browser that doesn't like this content type at all (IE), you can switch back to "text/html" with this in your Facelet page:
  |

  |   | <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
  |   | <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  |   |       xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
  |   |       xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
  |   |       xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  |   |       xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib">
  |   |
  |   | <f:view contentType="text/html"/>
  |   | <head>
  |   |

  | The typical sign of this issue is that you get Firefox complaining about invalid XHTML.

Thanks for this Christian.  Very useful.  I've been bitten by this, and it was on my list of things to investigate.  Looks like some of the Richfaces stuff (DnD in particular) causes Firefox to complain.  This would be worth bubbling up to the wiki and even the documentation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039617#4039617

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039617