[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Disable butons till the screen renders

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 22 20:16:28 EDT 2007

Perhaps I can explain why it takes so long to render (although if you had a busy server you could get it for any site... anyhow!).

I have a main screen (Wizard) that has about 7 steps you have to do.

I was required to go "free flight" mode in that any step of the wizard could be done at any time... so teh main page has ticks/crosses to show how you are progressing.

Each step, in itself, can contain a number of steps (this got me round using javascript to show/hide bits which really messes up JSF and is really against the JSF paradigm anyhow!).

So I shield parts of the monolith by using s:fragment...

JSF seems to still render all the bits shielded by s:fragments anyhow!! So I have The Mother of all Pages being rendered.. pulling in about 14 other .xhtml pages built on top of a couple of nested templates!

:(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039660#4039660

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039660