[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conversation binding workaround

vineetmanohar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 23 16:06:31 EDT 2007

Thanks again for the reply. I tried exactly what you said and ran into a problem.

binding="#{binding.myBean.myComponent}": Target Unreachable, 'myBean' returned null

I debugged and found that my @Create method in NumberGuess was not called yet. Therefore the @Out-jection did not occur yet. It seems that when I access the numberGuess.xhtml page, the bindings are first resolved on the xhtml page first, and then the conversation is started which and that is when my @Create method is called.

I start the conversation by typing the /numberGuess.xhtml url in the browser. I have the following entry in my pages.xml
  <page view-id="/numberGuess.xhtml">
  |     <begin-conversation join="true" pageflow="numberGuess"/>
  |   </page>

How can I first start my conversation and then redirect to the view? How can I start a conversation by typing a URL but using start-state, instead of start-page?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039997#4039997

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039997