[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Node locking question

genman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 23 18:49:20 EDT 2007

Although there could easily be an API for handling atomic data clear/put, there is none and will be none for many other similar situations, such as bulk put or bulk remove. So, your best bet is to learn to like transactions.

Manik s. (who often haunts these forums) came up with the documentation.

I would say the DummyTransactionManager is suitable for these sorts of things, so I don't see why it's not production ready. Certainly, it would not be suitable for distributed transaction cases or durable transaction processing. And so the DummyTransactionManager really should be renamed. Maybe it should be called the "MemoryTM" or "NonDurableTM" as it does confuse users.

I'll file an issue to clarify this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040043#4040043

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040043