[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Can't get page level declaritive security working

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 24 11:43:23 EDT 2007

Hello everyone

http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.4/reference-guide/en/html/security.html#securing_objects
Clearly states that I can secure pages in my *-object.xml file.  After successfully securing an instance with the following security constraint:
           <security-constraint>
  |             	<policy-permission>
  |                 	<role-name>Authenticated</role-name>
  |                 	<action-name>view</action-name>
  |                 </policy-permission>
  |             </security-constraint>

I tried to secure a page with the very same markup, but with poor results:  the page is shown without error or a redirect to the login page.

I'm really stumped on this one, and seem to recall reading in the forums that page level security wasn't possible.  Does anyone have the definitive answer on that w/r/t portal 2.4.1?  Does anyone have any ideas why my page comes up unrestricted?

  Thanks in advance!

         nollie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040231#4040231

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040231