[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam-gen , Authenticate and EntityHome

hvram do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 24 14:28:21 EDT 2007

Hi
   My application uses the generate-entities to reverse engineer an existing DB schema . I am using the pages generated using seam-gen.

   I am trying to plug in the authentication and I am wondering what is the correct way to go about it .

   I did the following in Authenticator.java

@Out (scope=Session)
User user;

and in the authenticate method I set the user object.

But the pages generated by seam-gen refer to the UserHome object instead of user.

When I try to do a
@In (create=true)
@Out (Scope=Session)
UserHome userHome

OR

userHome = Component.getInstance("userHome)

things do not work . The userHome object if viewed using the debug.seam shows illegalStateException for the Collection objects

So should I

    a) rewrite the pages to refer to user instead of userHome . If that is the case can I use the persist methods of EntityHome or should I write those methods again

    b) Any other way to solve the problem ? Is there are different approach to authentication

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Hari

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040306#4040306