[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Problems calling methods in session beans on second JBoss in

dr-dive do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 10:09:54 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have installed two JBoss instances on the same computer, and they both run fine. Now I tried to access a session bean on JBoss 2 from a session bean deployed in JBoss 1. For this purpose I use the following code:

  | Properties jndiProps = new Properties();
  | jndiProps.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:11099");
  | jndiProps.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | jndiProps.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | Context ejbContext = new InitialContext(jndiProps);
  | RemoteBeanHome remoteBeanHome =  (RemoteBeanHome)ejbContext.lookup(jndiNameOfRemoteBean);

The result is that the bean I tried to call in JBoss 2 is called within JBoss 1 (The bean is deployed on both JBoss instances).

Any ideas why this is happening?

By the way, I 'm using JBoss 3.2.7 and the files ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml are the same on both servers. Is that the problem?

Thanks in advance,
     Thorsten.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040610#4040610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040610